Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cranberry-Orange Scones

We have been on a little bit of a scone kick lately.  We always buy them at the grocery store cause they look sooooo good.  That's fine and all, but I wanted to find a good recipe and try to make my own.  I found the perfect looking one: Simple Scones.  It's all in the name right?

I read through the comments to see if this was the recipe I wanted to use.  I always start at the negative ones and read the problems that people had with the recipe.  Then I go to the positive ones.  There were a couple negative comments that the scones were too dry, but there were positive ones saying they were very moist.  I figure those cancel each other out.  It was probably the way the people followed the recipe anyway.  So it was in the comments that I found some extras that people had tried.  There was this very yummy sounding glaze:

Orange Glaze
1 cup Confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon almond extract

Mix confectioner's sugar with orange juice until desired glaze consistancy.

****
These were very good.  I got very good feedback from everyone that tried them.  The dough was a little crumbly and a little hard to work with, but it was well worth the "trouble".  Next time, I will soak the cranberries, to make them softer, and I will probably skip the glaze (VERY good, but it didn't really need it).

No comments:

Post a Comment