Tuesday, March 22, 2011

PINK as in...

PINK...

...as in amoxicillin.  Monkey has been sick for about a week now.  He just hasn't been his happy, smiling face lately.  Today was his 9 month check-up, perfect timing.  We got both doctor visits done at once (the check-up and the being sick).  Turns out, little Monkey has ear infections in both ears.  Poor little guy.  That definitely explains all the crying.  I feel bad saying it, but I love how cuddly he is when he's not feeling well.  But, I will be very happy when my smiling Monkey is back.

...as in "oops I forgot to post this at Valentine's Day."  We made chocolate covered everything for Valentine's Day.  I can't believe how much they charge for chocolate strawberries the week of Valentine's.  It's crazy.  We saved a ton of money for about 5 minutes worth of work (3 of those minutes were spent waiting for the chocolate chips to melt).  We bought strawberries, which were a little expensive, but we had the chocolate chips in the pantry.  One bag of chips is way to much for a carton of strawberries.  We searched everywhere for anything we could dip in chocolate.  We ended up dipping strawberries, pretzels, and marshmallows.  Since it was Valentine's we used pink and red sprinkles.  Goose was our official sprinkler.  I think she did a really good job, especially since it was right before naptime.  I wasn't sure the colored sugar was going to work because the chocolate was so dark, but it turned out really nice.  Next time, I'm going to try white chocolate, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment