Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What a difference 24 hours makes.  The view outside my window has changed completely.  Unfortunately for me, it was not the change I was hoping for.  Fortunately for Goose, she loves it.  At least another week of snow-people in her our future.  Yesterday, about this time (naptime) I was comfortably watching the afternoon news thinking how silly all this talk about 4-6 inches of snow sounded.
It worried me a little when I saw the huge flakes falling.  But they didn't last very long.  I went to the Y to teach swim lessons around 5pm.  When I got out, there was a lot of wind and probably about an inch of snow.  Still I thought, silly to think we are going to get 4 inches, just ridiculous.
I apparently jynxed it.
This is pretty much the same shot as before.  Quite the before and after.  Of course I told Goose that we could play outside in the snow in an effort to get her dressed this morning.  An true to form, she did not let me forget my promise.  Memory like an elephant, that one.  After an hour of nagging asking, I gave in.  I had to shovel (yes, shovel) the car off to get my bibs out of the trunk.  After that it was all play.  Goose asked if she could brush the snow off of the snow.  Nothing like an impossible task to keep a 3 year-old busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment