Friday, February 25, 2011

Catch (me) 22

I have a lot of respect for the people that have military spouses.  It is no fun being seperated for long periods of time.  I have to be honest, my situation is not as bad.  My hubby is only a couple hundred miles away in the middle of Iowa.  There is little to no danger (knock on wood) where he works, and I get to talk to him every night.  It is still very difficult to be away for so long.

We are in the process of trying to buy a house.  It's kind of disheartening when time keeps going by without any progress.  My deadline is to be living together as a family by J's 1st birthday.  It's really sneaking up fast.  I think it might be hard to make that goal.

The real problem is that money is really tight.  I need to have a job in order for us to make it work, but in order for me to get a job we need a place to live.  I feel like I am caught in a huge catch-22. 


**On a side-note, J is apparently a big Subway fan.  No matter where he is in the room, or what he is doing, he always stops and turns when he hears the "5 Dollar Footlong" song.  I wish he would have liked a less annoying song.  It's always stuck in my head after hearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment