Friday, April 29, 2011

Slooooow process....

I thought something was holding us up with the approval for the house.  We had been waiting on the inspection and the underwriter's final approval.  We finally got a green light from the inspection (yay!!), but we were waiting (and waiting, and waiting) to hear back from the underwriter.  Meanwhile, I am keeping calm and collected freaking out!!!  Every possible bad thought, I had.  I'm not gonna deny it, I'm paranoid.

The latest hurdle we have to jump, is that there are too many credit inquiries and unaccounted for deposits of money.  I am responsible for the "strange" deposits.  There's really nothing strange about them, they're just cash deposits, but they don't have any paper trails. I'm waitressing a few nights a week, and I deposit my tips once a week or so.  The credit checks are mostly from the banks that we had talked to about getting approved, except one.  We have to figure out where that one came from, write a formal letter of explanation addressing all of the activity, and then we will (fingers crossed) be all set.

My poor hubby gets so annoyed with me cause he has to explain everything that is happening.  Whenever he talks to anyone on the phone or in an email, he has to relay the message to me AND answer all of my questions (cause I always have a lot).  It's even worse when he has paperwork to go through.  He has to read it and then explain it to me, and of course there's more questions.  He's really been amazing though.  I wish I could be there too, it's like I'm not even getting the full experience of being a first time home buyer :(

No comments:

Post a Comment