Thursday, September 30, 2010

Such is a mother's life, I suppose

I can usually tell when the day is going to be bad by the way E wakes up.  If she's in a good mood when she rolls jumps out of bed, it's a good omen for the rest of the day.  If, like this morning, she wakes up screaming, I can usually bet with some certainty that I will not enjoy the day.  So, given the tell-tale signs of a rotten day, I was not at all surprised that E and J took turns being cranky.  I admit it's probably my fault that J is cranky.  He never wants to be set down.  He would be perfectly content to ride around all (ALL!!!!!) day in the arms of whomever.  Today, was not his lucky day.  E claimed she had to go potty.  When a child says the P word, they automatically become top priority.  J just had to cry it out for a little while.  After a successful piddle in the potty, I could attend to the hyperventilating screaming 3 month old.  I thought maybe I could get him calmed down and sleeping if I nursed him a bit.  Kinda, he just wanted to be held.  As soon as I put him down he started up again.  I eventually rocked him to sleep and turned my attention to my first born.  Luckily, she was half asleep already.  I made sure both of them were sound asleep before I moved a muscle.  I said a little prayer and laid them both down...

My definition of a perfect day:
Getting both children to nap at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment