Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Good and The Bad

Having recently moved 3/4 of the family 8 hours away, I have come up with a list of things I left behind.

Things I miss about Ames:
  1. Little Cesar's
  2. JoAnn Fabric and Hobby Lobby being within 5 minutes (now I have to drive an hour)
  3. Super Wal-mart (the little one just isn't as nice)
  4. Babysitters galore (I don't know any of the babysitting aged kids anymore)
  5. My small church
  6. Friends my own age
  7. Air conditioning (we haven't needed it a lot, but there are a few days where it would really be nice)
  8. But, most of all, I just miss being a whole family.  (Daddy we miss you.)

But, that's kind of depressing.  So to go along with that list, I have made a list about what I like about living in DC.

Things I can now enjoy about Door County:
  1. Going to the beach
  2. Having Grandma and Grandpa to help out/keep me sane
  3. Seeing old friends (and being able to set up play dates with our kids)
  4. Being in a bigger house
  5. Having a good size yard for the dog to run
  6. Having a job (even if it's just a few hours)
  7. Saving on rent
  8. The weather (it's a lot less windy and hot)

No comments:

Post a Comment